- One of Australia’s leading refinery operators, required an integrated condition monitoring solution to monitor the health of a Centrifugal Gas Compressor with minimal loss in production.
- NVMS delivered Bently Nevada’s online condition monitoring System 1 software, 3500 rack-based protection system and instrumentation on a Centrifugal Gas Compressor. System 1 provides superior intelligence on the health of critical assets and is recognised globally as the preferred and trusted product in machine monitoring solutions.
- Subsequently the compressor was monitored for a few months, an issue was detected and the compressor was shut down.
- The ability to shut down the compressor prior to any major damage occurring, provided significant benefits in cost and time to the customer. Additionally repair time on the asset was reduced from a complete rebuild to only minor repair works.
- The early fault detected by System 1 enabled the customer to forecast, monitor and resolve the issue, preventing a major loss in production, machinery damage and any injury to personnel.
- The downtime was reduced to 50% through gaining visibility on the health of the compressor allowing the customer to carry on with production. The estimated cost of lost time was in excess of $1M a day.
- System 1 was expanded to include other assets on the plant, providing the client with increased visibility on the health of other critical assets, providing a plant wide condition monitoring solution.
More Case Studies
- NVMS delivers remote Factory Acceptance Test to global Oil Company
- NVMS upgrades critical machinery protection system without any loss to production time
- IRT Australia: SoMat eDAQ used in Australian rail operations tests
- Upgrading technology for better site-wide condition monitoring
- Bringing Reliability Centred Maintenance to the Health Industry